Monday, May 31, 2010

FINAL POST! The Uglies!

"I'm Tally Youngblood" she said, "Make me Pretty"

In the end of this novel all the conflicts that happened throughout it were not all resoloved, the conflict that was still left behind was Tally turning Pretty, you are left not knowing what happens after she turns Pretty. This is a clifhanger, makes you want to read the sequil to find out what happens. I liked the ending of this novel because it makes you want to read the second book, even though you are finished the book you are still interested, the author did a great job of catching the attention of the reader.


This ending is believable and realistic. It is not realistic becasue it is based in the future but we are always making decisions that may be positive in the future. Some actions that we take now influence what will happen in the future. The ending of this novel shows that in life you always have to make choices.



My overall impression on the novel the Uglies is that I think it is an amazing book, the author caught my attention and made me want to read more. The setting of the novel got me interested because it is not a normal setting, it is based sometime in the future; where hovercars exist. This book was relatable to teenagers lives becasue it shows the stuggles that every teenager has to go through. whether it was freinds, family or the law, Tally had to fight them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment