Friday, May 21, 2010

Conflict Blog #3!

Beauty is that Medusa's head, which men go to seek and sever. It is most deadly when most dead, and will stare and sting forever. -Archibald MacLeish "Beauty"



Conflict is a big struggle that always happens in novels. In the book the Uglies Tally is faced with a big conflict, and she is the only one that can make the decision to try and fix the problem.



Tally went to The Smoke, got the Special Circumstances to follow her and invade The Smoke. When the Specials arrived they started to capture all the Smokies, so they could bring the Uglies and turn them Pretty. Tally and a couple other Smokies exscaped from teh Specials and ran away. One of the Smokies who used to be a doctor in PrettyVille knew that when they gave you the operation they put leisons in your brain. These leisons make you think and act a certain way; Pretty minded they call it. So after they ran away the group decided that one of them had to sacrafice themselves to turn Pretty; then after they got the operation they would test a new medicine on them to remove the leisons. Tally decided that it was only right for her to sacrafice herself since she brought the Specials to the Smoke.



This was a conflict that happened. the only problem is that The Smokies are now captured by the Specials and nobody knows that Tally sent them there. Even though they all think that Tally is being brave and turning Pretty, they don't know the truth behind it. This will lead to become a domino effect because when they find out they will never trust her again.

Do you think that if you did something wrong and betrayed your friends that they will forgive you if you give yourself away? If your friend did this to you how would you feel about it?

6 comments:

  1. I think that if they were really your friends you wouldn't have to sacrafice yourself for them to forgive you. If my friends did this to me I would feel kind of betraid because they would just sacrafice me for their own benefit and they would make me do something just for their forgivness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i would still be upset because they obvioulsy did something really bad to me to make me that mad,and even if you do something that big for me after to try and make me forgive you it would still be really hard for me to fully trust you after.But still,if they cared about me that much to give themselves up to show me how sorry they are i would take that into consideration and be grearfull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If my friends did that to me I would feel really upset but that would tell me that I shouldn't be sacraficing my self for people that don't treat me like friends. I wouldn't do anything to recieve forgiveness when they aren't acting much like friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I was in this position, I would be pretty disappointed with my friend becasue he/she basically betrayed me. I'm pretty sure that if I betrayed my friends, depending on how serious it was they would be mad with me. A true friend doesn't betray another friend, so if I was in the uglies position I wouldn't have much respect left for Tally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I do not believe that my friends would forgive me because in order to be forgiven you must be able to forgive. I would be really mad for a long time but I would still talk to the person just not as much as I used to. I would take my time and make them earn the trust back that they lost.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think that my friends would ever trust me again if i had betrayed them. Because I know if this had happened to me I would not trust them again. Even if in the future they gained my trust again which would take a lot and time. It would be had and make you think about some situations if they are lying or not

    ReplyDelete