Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Character Blog #2- Uglies





The main character in my novel is a teenage girl named Tally Youngblood. Like all teenagers she tries to be independent and follow her own rules, but sometimes this gets her into trouble. Tally tries to show that she is tough and can take on anything life gives her by being rebellious and strong. She does this by sneaking out to The Smoke and breaking the heart necklace that Special Circumstances gives her. When she does this the pendant on the necklace gets activated and Special Circumstances flies to The Smoke, captures the Smokies and destroys the land. She broke her promise to her friend Shay, and broke her promise to the Smokies by lying to them and telling them that she wasn't a spy. Even though Tally never wanted that to happen the blame still gets put on her, but Tally realizes her mistake and tries to correct it as soon as she can. From this I can tell that Tally is rebellious but still shows her sympathy when it is needed. A lot of teenage girls can relate to Tally's character because she is trying to stand out from everyone else, and become original and independent.



Tally's weakness in her character is that she tries to be perfect and tries to be what other people are not. She doesn't want to become Pretty-minded and think like all the Pretties do, so she tries to be Bubbly and run with her own rules. This weakness gets Tally into allot of trouble with Special Circumstances and with her own friends. Tally doesn't know how to express her feelings to other people, she doesn't always say the right things at the right times. Tally sometimes gets herself into trouble by saying either too much or too little.

Everybody has a weakness in their life, most of the time a weakness can cause trouble in your life.
What do you think your weakness or flaw is? Weather it is something your scared of like a phobia, or something you wish you could change.









8 comments:

  1. My weakness is that i am a very careing person and so all my friends come to me with their situations and it gets really out of hand som times cause their is almost always a fight occuring somewhere. I love to help them cause it makes me feel good about myself but at the same time i can only handle so much and dealing with bad choices everyday is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my weakness is trying to solve other peoples situations. Sometimes its really hard to see the people I love in horrible situations and I try to help them and almost all the time something ends badly. I need to change and let everyone else deal with their own problems at their own pace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think that my weakness and flaw is that i open up to people too much yet i dont trust a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My weakness is the dark, I am terrified when I am alone in a dark room. I have panic attacks when I cant find a light and I often imagen things moving in the room. I will not look out my window into the backyard at night because im afraid of seeing something there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that my weakness is that I don't think ahead.... I really only think about today and today only. I try to live like today is my last day, and don't think about tomorrow. This gets me into some trouble because not thinking ahead, leaves me not thinking about the consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my biggest weakness is saying no to people when they need help, even when i have to much to do or when I'm not sure i can help. Although i always say yes because i love helping people when they need it and i thinkk it's the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my weakness is procrastination, i always wait to the last minute to do something, and if i don't finish it on time i just give up and don't finish.

    ReplyDelete